Ask a question or make a comment
Name:     Email:
Dear Sir or Madam, We are a manufacturer of agriculture animal husbandry equipment that is electrically powered and sell it to Russia and the region. Most of the electrical components are assembled at our factory. Final installation is done after arrival at destination or at dealer. What is required for EAC in such a case? Sincerely, Karl Burgi
Karl Burgi 12/28/2017 1:57:30 AM
Dear Karl,
According to the Technical regulation 004/2011 “Low-voltage equipment” some electrical equipment require a EAC certificate or declaration of conformity for import to Russia. Take a look at the article 1 of the above mentioned document to check if your products require EAC certificate. Or send us a list of products with descriptions to get the cost of certification. You can use the same EAC certificate/declaration in any country inside the EAEC.
EAC license is additional non-tariff regulatory document, required for some wireless electrical equipment (and some other product groups - the full list is here). If your equipment do not use wireless connectivity or use only license-free wireless standards (like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) then you do not need to get EAC license.
Certificate.Net Expert 12/28/2017 4:01:29 PM
Dears, please let me introduce myself, i'm Mahmoud elmasry order processing at Consutlix company, which located in Egypt. My request is what are the certificates needed to export our communication testers to Russia and what's the cost and delivery time. Our products are wireless test transmitter and receiver and cable & antenna analyzer, please check our website if needed. HS code- 90304000 Regards, Mahmoud.
Mahmoud 6/17/2017 2:57:04 PM
Dear Mahmoud,
These wireless transmitters and receivers, including RF generators for antenna tests, require EAC license. Maximum validity 1 year, the applicant must be the importer in Russia. Lead time 5-7 days, cost USD * + tax USD * per HS code. Registration procedure requires to sign a set of application documents and provide:
  • A copy of trading contract - signed by the applicant.
  • A copy of RFC certificate - signed by the applicant.
RFC certificate of conformity for radiofrequency compatibility. Maximum validity unlimited, the applicant must be the authorized representative in Russia. Lead time 2-6 weeks (by applicant’s choice, shorter time requires the bigger tax), cost depends on RF power and RF frequency. Certification procedure requires to sign a set of application documents and provide:
  • A copy of the Unified State Register of Legal Entities form - signed by the applicant.
  • A copy of the order of appointment to the post of applicant’s director - signed by the applicant.
  • A product sample for testing.
Certificate.Net Expert 6/20/2017 5:57:32 PM
Dear Sir/ Madam, A CD/DVD drive is bundled in my product (in this case, I am importer of the CD/DVD drive). May I know in what situation the EAC logo is needed for the CD/DVD drive? 1) EAC is in scope for my product. Is the CD/DVD drive to be EAC certified or can it be waived? 2) EAC is out of scope for my product. Is the CD/DVD drive still to be EAC certified too? Appreciate your advise. Thank you.
Kian Sing Goh 4/18/2017 12:16:07 PM
Dear Kian,
CD/DVD drives are not a subject of EAC certification in any case. So you do not have to mark it with EAC logo. If the CD/DVD drive somehow has a EAC mark already (and does not have any EAC certificate/declaration) then it is better to remove or cover it before the customs clearance. If CD/DVD drive is bundled in some product which is a part of EAC certification then only this product should have the EAC certificate/declaration and EAC logo (for example PC). EAC certificate for complicated product may have an additional list of constituent parts of the product where the CD/DVD drive may be.
Certificate.Net Expert 4/18/2017 1:50:52 PM
Dear Sir/Ma'am, we are an E-com business in US, now we wanted to expand it on Russia hence I wanted to know about the procedure of import products. how can we get import license and what would be the total average cost for this. kindly guide me if you can, regarding this or any other way. thanks.
Fizza 1/16/2017 9:25:26 AM
Hello Fizza,
Procedure of import and non-tariff rules depends on the type of the product (its HS code). Our company specialized on electrical and radiofrequency equipment. In short, most of electrical devices (50V and higher) needs to have a EAC certificate. If device includes RF transmitter or uses encryption - then it needs to have RFC certificate or FSS notification or EAC license (or all three, depends on characteristics). So please provide me a product description for more concrete answer.
Certificate.Net Expert 1/16/2017 10:33:41 AM