Russian RFC certificate (RadioFrequency Compliance certificate)
is the conclusion about compliance of the characteristics of goods containing radio electronic equipment and high-frequency devices, obligatory when importing to the customs territory of the Russian Federation. The RadioFrequency Compliance certificate
should be made out for various wireless means of communication:
- Satellite stations (portable, transportable or fixed);
- Wireless control & alarm systems, including:
- vessel management systems,
- traffic control systems, wireless road infrastructure, intelligent transport systems,
- ship & shore automatic identification systems,
- remote control devices;
- Relay stations;
- Mobile communications equipment GSM/GPRS, UMTS, LTE, WiMAX, etc .;
- Short-range devices, including:
- IEEE 802.15.x (Bluetooth, ZigBee, NanoNet),
- standards IEEE 802.11.x (Wi-Fi),
- radio frequency identification devices (RFID).
- Equipment for voice transmitting, including various radiostations, wireless microphones etc.
- GPS, GLONASS, COMPASS navigation receivers.
It is also necessary to make out the RFC certificate
on devices with built-in modules of wireless communication or radio modems:
- PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones;
- Printers & copiers;
- Cameras, camcorders & DVRs.
In some cases the RFC certificate
does not need to be made out. Usually this concerns goods using non radio frequency energy for wireless work. Thus, there is no need for registration of the RadioFrequency Compliance certificate
for goods with ultrasonic radiation (often medical equipment), infrared radiation or acoustic waves. RFC certificate
is not issued for x-ray machines and other types of products with ionizing radiation. In addition, the RadioFrequency Compliance certificate
is not required for goods, the characteristics of which are specified as operating frequencies of rotating or moving parts, the clock frequency of processors or refresh rate matrices.
|Document title:||Russian RFC certificate|
|Maximum validity:||no limits|
|Document is required for:||customs clearance|
|Document is issued to:||Russian importer|
|Lead time:||5 working days|
The provisions of international agreements take precedence over the relevant Russian laws and regulations do not supersede national legislation in this area. Therefore, the RadioFrequency Compliance certificate
is usually not the only necessary permit. According to international or national legislation, the Russian EAC certificate
, the Russian CCC certificate
, the Russian FSS notification
or a Russian EAC license
can be demanded in addition.